Board index  »  Anything Goes  »  DWVW Vandalized

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:26 pm
User avatarPosts: 4293Location: Chardon/AkronJoined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:34 pm
http://fox8.com/2012/08/20/38-cars-dama ... ealer/?%3F

someone wasnt too happy with their service....

Quote:
Police are trying to figure out who was responsible for damaging 38 cars over the weekend at an Akron car dealership.

Akron Police tell Fox 8 News that 38 cars suffered some type of damage at the Dave Walters VW, located at 447 West Exchange Street.

Police say that they received a call shortly before 5:00 a.m. Sunday morning from an employee from the dealership stating that cars had been damaged.

According to a report on the incident, 36 of the 38 vehicles had either been spray painted or suffered some type of roof/hood damage or broken windows.

A manager at Dave Walters tells Fox 8 News that all the damaged vehicles have been moved inside and are being repaired. The dealership is still trying to estimate the cost of the damage.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Akron Police Department.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 3452Location: Stow, OHJoined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:24 pm
Surprised they wouldn't have surveillance video of what happened. Would possibly give a clue or a lead as to who did it.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:44 pm
User avatarPosts: 1685Location: Mayfield Hts., OHJoined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:04 am
FatRings wrote:
Surprised they wouldn't have surveillance video of what happened. Would possibly give a clue or a lead as to who did it.

They probably do, but middle of the night + hoodies isn't really going to give you a fantastic idea of who did it ... this is probably all the police are able to review ...

It's uh ... two blobs and uh, white blob, and uh, dark blob ...

:screech: ABP for two blobular subjects each wearing a dark block and a light blob ... looks like they can be identified with a blobular head on with dark blobular hair ... 10-4 :screech:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:16 am
User avatarPosts: 226Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:07 am
I saw that on Facebook yesterday. Crazy Shit!!!!
When i worked at Honda of Mentor someone stole all the spare tires off the back of the CR-V's we had on the lot. That was an interesting day of police all over the dealership. Never did figure out who did it and there was tons of video

09 Rabbit (the wife's)
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:22 pm
User avatarPosts: 564Location: NC, 28105Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:58 am
Damn, if the person who was wearing the hoodie had skittles, they would have been shot/caught...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:04 pm
User avatarPosts: 1316Location: AkronJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:33 am
We wont talk about what Will Payne did to in the aftermath of my situation to Dave Walter.

While I do not condone such activity to ANY VW, its a shame for 2 reasons.

1) DWVW has been in the community for years! it sucks the neighborhood around them has gone to the rats

2) It sucks that Dave has passed the reigns of the company to a person that knows NOTHING about how to run a business as his daughter Renee... I am not going to bad mouth her and never have I when I had my problem with her, but she doe NOT need to be a peer to peer person in that company - her role should be at home monitoring the books until she knows how to talk to people.

Was it deserved - NO! You will never hear me say that is deserved... I have enemies that I wish no harm to their car because its how they display who they are in their own unique way... We are all aware of that feeling to be without our wheels... Nothing I wouldnt wish on anyone... Riding aint driving I always say.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 1316Location: AkronJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:33 am
and even after this situation - DWVW does NOT have video over their lots.

Offline Profile WWW YIM