Board index  »  Club News & Announcements  »  2013 fatDUBS Calendars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 4293Location: Chardon/AkronJoined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:34 pm
Since the 2012 Calendar failed, I am taking the initiative to get a very early start on the 2013 calendar. I will be personally overseeing the project and there WILL be a 2013 calendar and hopefully with everyone's help and support, this will be a success.

To start, the initiative of this project is to provide to you, our valued members of the fatDUBS community, a year-long representation of who we are and some of the cars that comprise this community. There are a lot of great cars in this area and a lot of people who take great pictures and hopefully this project will bring the two together into a great product.

In years past, we simply opened up submissions to the public 2 months before our deadline, but instead I wanted to take a new approach. We will be open for submissions starting NOW until November 24, 2012. This means if you have some great photos you wanted to submit for 2012 but didn't, or take a bunch of photos over the summer that you'd like to submit but will likely forget to come the end of the year, you won't have to worry! Simply email us the photos you'd like to submit (either by attachment or a link to download the photos YOU selected) and we'll put them into our repository of calendar photos.

Here's some key information to remember about the calendar project:
  • Submissions for the 2013 calendar will remain open from now until our deadline (stated above)
  • You are free to submit photos you've taken at ANY time to the fatdubs email account (see below)
  • Compilations of photos for a given car or member are GREATLY encouraged
  • Group photos of our events are perfect as well!
  • Production is planned for beginning of December with availability for shipping by Mid-December and likely to be on a per-order basis. Pre-order information will be posted at the beginning of November
  • NOTE: We ask that all submissions be either emailed directly to us or a online download available for the specific photos you'd like submitted.

*** EMAIL: fatdubs@gmail.com ***

If you have any questions or concerns, either email us there or post them here - we'd be happy to answer them for you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:29 pm
User avatarPosts: 695Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 4:26 pm
Thanks for getting a jump on this, Tony. Next spring when the Touareg and GTI have their new shoes on, I will be sure to send pics.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:13 pm
Cool! Thats kind of the idea with this approach - as soon as you edit the photos, pick the ones you'd like to submit and send them to the email listed above. I'll keep track of what rolls in and when the time comes to choose, there will be less chaos of waiting for photos. Hopefully this also yields a better selection of photos as well!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 4677Location: Cleveland, OHJoined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:16 am
This is good b/c I'd like to get some better quality photos this summer of the Beetle, esp once lowered if we still do that. So yeah, count on at least one good one of Bef's ride over the course of the year... good stuff...

FWIW, Classic VW in Mentor had a bunch of VW calendars they were giving out, motorsports and regular.... if people really want a VW 2012 calendar...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:41 am
BUMP! We know as the weather gets nicer and a little more scenic, youre bound to be out snapping some pics! Don't forget to share with us and get your photos into the 2013 calendar!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:45 pm
BUMP.

The deadline is approaching quickly! Get your submissions in!