Board index  »  Other  »  Yellow Spots From Liquid Salt on Candy White Paint

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:06 am
User avatarPosts: 46Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:31 pm
Anyone have any idea of the best way to remove these spots? I've tried 5 or 6 different kinds of bug/tar remover, none have worked. I searched the web and found a few people using something called Iron-X, but I can't locate that anywhere.

Other ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:13 am
User avatarPosts: 695Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 4:26 pm
When I had a white car, I always used a clay bar to remove spots. Either clay it while it's still soapy when you're washing it, or spray it with detailing spray and clay it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:18 am
User avatarPosts: 3452Location: Stow, OHJoined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:24 pm
Are these spots on top of the paint surface? If you glide your hand over it, do you feel any bumps? If so, try using a clay bar to see if it can pick up the contaminate. If the spot still remains, you may want to use a wax that's designed to lightly cut in to correct swirls and light scratches.

Worst case would be to use a rubbing compound and go VERY LIGHTLY and VERY SLOWLY over the area.... but this would be a last resort as it can damage the paint if done improperly.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:49 pm
User avatarPosts: 46Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:31 pm
It's def on top of the clear, you can scrape it off lightly with your finger nail, but anything liquid won't remove it.

I tried some Meguiars Mirror Glaze by hand, took the spots right off. I know that's for swirl mark removal and such, wasn't sure about using on the whole rear hatch, rear bumper and sides of the car....

I bought a Meguairs Clay Bar Kit today, going to do a test area while its still clean.

Thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 122Location: Cleveland, OhJoined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:06 pm
i don't know if you still have the car or not but there is a great product that worked for my car.
Bilt-Hamber - korrosol HS Tuning sells it. I don't believe anyone else in he area has it.
it shows results best on light colored cars, obviously works on every car. it leaves it feeling smooth too.